Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Getting Hitched

Much like the post about buying a house, having one post to discuss the whole process of getting married seems to be not enough. But I will give it a try.

The Hubster and I got engaged the first week of June. He was nervous (It was so cute) I started cursing from shock when the ring came out (not so cute). But it was where we had our first date. *sigh* Okay, that is the end of the mushy stuff. Mainly because I don't want to disgust myself.

We gave ourselves 8 months, which seemed reasonable to us but people kept telling us that was fast. Not sure why. I am going to interject here that when you add the word wedding, it is amazing how prices skyrocket. Our wedding budget was $4k. Because apparently I felt I needed to make life more stressful.

As out guest list grew (we toped at 150) our budget became an increasing problem. We ended up going through multiple vendors for things because stuff just fell through. We didn't have our final venue until about 6 weeks before the ceremony. In case you were wondering, yes I was a bit out of my mind.

I will stop griping now, because remembering it all still makes me cringe. The day of was nice and not as stressful as I thought it would be. We got hitched without a hitch ;) and that was the important part.

I am glad it is behind us, though I noticed some new gray hairs. Both the Hubster and loved our honeymoon. We went to Disneyworld. Yes, we were adults in Disneyworld...without children. It was a wonderful vacation from all the stress that we had from all the months before it.

Then we came home feeling refreshed and in love and found mushrooms growing out of one of our walls and a bunch of black mold inside the wall. *sigh* Maybe it is time for anther vacation....

Happy Reading,

Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment