Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2016

Experiment Part 1

Greetings,

Today I want to talk about a test I am doing next week. I got the rights to Hollownton Homicide back from that publisher back in May. To celebrate this I decided to put it on sale with a bang. What does that mean exactly? Well, I read an article another Indie author posted on a writer site talking about how he ran a sale campaign for one of his books three years after it came out with great results.

His campaign consisted of running ads on several sale book sites including the coveted Bookbub, which I have never been able to get on. He ran his deal for I believe 5 days and on each day it was being advertised on two sites (except the Bookbub day that was by itself.)

That got me thinking, I have tried some of this services in the past but never more than three and they are always spaced apart. But what if this time I emulated this author's idea and ran multiples on each day. Well I got lucky because I found a site with a list of more than 100 services that do this kind of thing. So I may have gone a little overboard and now I am nervous. This is more money then I have ever spent on advertising before. So I decided to monitor everything to see if this plan truly works. I also decided to post this initial blog post informing anyone interested (I don't know maybe another author will want to see it some day) on the progress.

So Hollownton Homicide is running for $0.99 for July 18th - 23rd. It is being shown on at least four different places each day. I am going to put the list here then in a post at the end of next week I will give the raw data for each day. Here is hoping I break even. Wish me luck!

7/18
Book Machine
Hot Zippy
Book Bongo
EBookLister
EBook Boosters?
Awesomegang

7/19
Indie Book Promo (2 month thing)
Hot Zippy
Booktastik
EBookLister

7/20
BookSends
Hot Zippy
Kboards
Genre Pulse
Ebookhabit
EBookLister
EBook Discovery

7/21
Readers in the Know
Hot Zippy
Ebook deal of the day UK
Genre Pulse
EBookLister
Book Butterfly

7/22
Genre Pulse
Price dropped books
Bargin Booksy
Book Butterfly

That's all for today.

Happy Reading,

Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment