Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Procrastination!

Greetings,

This week I want to talk about writing and books. For the last month or so I have been working on the book 2 of the Night World Series. I am super excited about working on it but at the same time it is daunting. What if it isn't as good? What if people don't like it? What if I don't finish it in the time line I have set out for myself?

The timeline is my big problem. I really wanted to get four books out this year, but I'm not sure I am going to reach that goal.

Enter the Hubster. He in his sweetness bought me Dragonspeak for my birthday. Dictating with that means pages get done more than twice as fast, YAY! However, It does not always type exactly what I put meaning my pre-editing read through is going to take longer, less yay. Over all it gives me hope to finish books this year. Since I work for a school that slows in the summer I am going down to 80% time. That gives me extra writing time at home.

So we reach the goal I set. With the math I did, I should be able to finish a minimum of two books by the end of September and a max of four. The later would be amazing.

But then my second complication comes in, laziness and procrastination. Some times I get home after the hour bus ride and all I want to do is watch an episode of something before starting dinner. This is not a conducive attitude to writing. I have yet to come up with a good way to push through that.

In other news Hollownton Homicide has a one year book contract with CA Times Publishing. They are going to re-release the book under their publishing house. I am excited about this but a little hesitant. They do not like that I use my initials so after some discussion my, pen name, I guess you would say for the re-release will be Gretchen Essby. They are also re-doing the cover and I should get a peek at the new one later this week. I also filled out the initial info so they could start working on a book trailer for it. I am excited to see it!

I think that is all I have for this week.

Happy Reading,

Gretchen


No comments:

Post a Comment